A working relationship with a trusted IT asset disposition partner is a cornerstone of any successful business. Let’s take a look at why this relationship is crucial and how to know if it’s time to make the switch.
Why would I pay for an ITAD program when there are places I can take my equipment for free?
To cover all ethical and environmental bases, reputable ITAD companies must charge their clients to offset their own costs. Here’s a peek into some of the factors affecting ITAD vendor costs:
- Responsible certifications and regular audits: Any reputable and trustworthy ITAD vendor will hold several industry certifications that guarantee responsible recycling practices and data privacy. These certifications are obtained for a fee and are maintained by passing frequent fee-based audits.
- Insurance: ITAD providers are responsible for protecting and destroying vast amounts of private data. They must carry insurance that matches their liability.
- Labor costs: One cost ITAD vendors must prioritize is the cost of labor—the largest of industry costs. ITAD employees interact with hazardous materials daily and require proper equipment and PPE to do their jobs. Responsible ITAD vendors maintain certifications that protect their employees.
- Plastics disposal: In 2017, China placed a ban on most plastic waste and other countries have followed. These bans put a squeeze on plastic scrap over the past few years. As a result, ITAD processors incur additional costs down the line for plastics recycling.
- Varying prices for metals: Some metals recycling costs vary greatly. ITAD providers must be prepared for fluctuations.
- Equipment costs: Continually evolving electronics technology requires the latest equipment for dismantling it in safe, healthy, optimal ways.
Just as Tech Dump is committed to refurbishing and reusing equipment whenever possible, we are equally committed to a safe and ethical recycling process and throughout this process, we incur a number of fees. When you pay a fee for Tech Dump ITAD services, you receive many benefits. You also have peace of mind that your equipment isn’t illegally dumped or incinerated, polluting the environment.
You can also rest assured that your data security remains our top priority from start to finish. Our R2 (Responsible Recycling™) certification and rigorous auditing demonstrate our commitment to secure and effective data destruction. From the moment your equipment leaves your hands, our tight chain of custody keeps your data secure. We double down on our security measures with 24-7 closed-circuit cameras inside and outside our facility.
Want to learn more about developing an effective, secure and profitable IT asset disposition (ITAD) program for your business? Download our free guide here!
What if ITAD isn’t a priority for our company at this time?
2020 upended the healthcare industry but it didn’t stop there. The dramatic increase in telecommuting shifted the way people do business across virtually every industry and highlighted security vulnerabilities through a sharp rise in cybercrime.
According to Malwarebyte’s report, Enduring from Home: COVID-19’s Impact on Business Security, 20% of cybersecurity instances affected remote workers and 24% of companies reported expenses associated with malware attacks.
Now, businesses are trying to get back in full swing after a crazy year and many managers are continuing to lead remote teams. Identifying new vulnerabilities is critical and investing in cybersecurity is more important than ever.
Additionally, the shift to telecommuting and in many cases, back to the office, has led to a surplus of laptops, monitors, printers and other electronic devices. Unattended devices pose a grave security risk to your company. These electronics contain sensitive data and, if they fall into the wrong hands, your business could incur crippling fees and a blow to your brand. Cover all your bases by establishing a relationship with a trusted ITAD vendor. Tech Dump can help you manage your remote devices and recycle or refurbish unused electronics, mitigating your risk and keeping you compliant.
Don’t wait until your data has been compromised to address new cybersecurity vulnerabilities or hire an ITAD vendor.
I’m happy with my current ITAD provider. Why should I switch?
At Tech Dump, we go above and beyond basic IT asset disposition standards. When you partner with us, you join us in our three-fold mission: job creation, data security and environmental responsibility.
More specifically, when you choose to work with us…
- You choose to work with highly trained ITAD professionals.
- We lend our skills and knowledge of compliance and regulations across many industries.
- We lend our expertise to walk you through confusing insurance details.
- You have peace of mind that you are working with a knowledgeable and reputable vendor. We proudly maintain certifications including R2 (Responsible Recycling™) and ISO 14001 and 45001 which prove our commitment to the environment, health and safety. Yes, we document our processes!
- You make a social impact. We hire and train people facing barriers to employment and provide meaningful, living-wage employment opportunities.
Thinking you should reconsider your ITAD partner or looking for a trusted ITAD partnership? Learn more about the benefits of partnering with us by reaching out to us at 763.432.3117!