Do you have a drawer of old cell phones and chargers? The EPA reports only 11% of cell phones are recycled, which means you likely aren’t the only one with a drawer full. Tech Dump makes cell phone recycling easy.
Our process is simple:
- Gather up your old cell phones, smart phones, tablets, or PDAs.
- Take a selfie for history’s sake of the early edition iPhone or your first Blackberry
- Review our list of accepted items for electronics recycling to see what other items you may have sitting around, needing our services.
- Bring your collection of items to one of our convenient drop-off locations, pay any associated recycling fees, and receive a tax-deductible receipt for any items without fees.
- Do a victory dance in the parking lot. You just protected the environment and made space in your drawers.
We will take it from there, ensuring any phones that can be refurbished will have all data wiped. If a phone is too old for reuse, data will be destroyed through physical destruction before the metals and materials are reclaimed to make a future electronic.
Worried because your screen is cracked? We still accept those. Wondering if a phone is too old to recycle? There is no such thing; any phone can still be recycled. Sad about finally getting rid of your 10 year old iPhone? We know the feeling. In fact, so does our CEO. She wrote an entire blog article about how emotionally attached she was to a laptop. She would remind you it’s time to let go and recycle it.
Contact us today with any questions about cell phone recycling, and then come and drop off your gadgets today.